Thank you for faithfully serving at GCS.
Volunteers make a difference every day!
Complete these steps to become a cafeteria, classroom or field trip driver or chaperone. Every person must complete this training to get a 2016/2017 volunteer name tag.
1. Watch this 25 minute parent orientation video:
2. Take this 5 minute easy quiz about the orientation video:
3. Once school beings on August 3rd, pick up THIS YEAR’s volunteer nametag at the front desk after 3 working days.
4. Contact classroom teacher or cafeteria manager Carol Husbands at
to let them know you are ready to volunteer. Note: Only Mrs. Garza on the MS side has requested classroom volunteers.
For school safety reasons, no one will be permitted to serve in the classroom, cafeteria or on a field trip without an official 2016/2017 volunteer name tag and a GCS polo shirt. This name tag may only be obtained by completing the above steps.
One (1) step to sign-up for serving at major K8 events. [No advanced training required]
1. Go to K8 Sign Up Genius. Look at all events available this year. Pick one or two and sign up.
Grandparents or other relatives/family friends approved by parents are invited to work at these events. The advanced nature of these events helps working Moms or Dads to volunteer too. Reserve your spot today. No GCS polo shirt required for these events. Thank you!